Welcome to Life, Love, and Beauty

Hello Everyone!!

My name is Ashley, I am a brand new mom to a beautiful baby girl named Maggie Rose. She was born with Gastroschisis and spent about the first 2 1/2 months of her life in the hospital. I had originally started this blog for a place where other parents of Gastroschisis babies could come and get answers and support, but after awhile it just turned into a story, thoughts, fears, and happy times that I chose to share with friends, family, and future followers. Now it is a blog that any women, any girl, or any mother can relate to and who can understand.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Mommy Moment

Mommy Moment- 

So, as Maggie gets older and I become more like a mother, I have been having mommy moments, something every mother says that she wont have, but end up doing.  I have had several I think, but the ones that make me chuckle at myself are the best.  Anyways, the day before yesterday Maggie was being SUPER fussy.  It was like she just woke up being Miss Grumpy Pants.  It kind of concerned me because that was one of the signs of her relapsing again.  Anyways, so this lasted until yesterday morning.  So I got very little sleep.  Later that evening I decided to have Mikey take care of her for her first late feeding so that I could catch up on some Zzz's.  I heard her start to wake up and instantly things started running through my mind, did he notice I had already made a bottle for her, I hope he remembers to change her diaper...I caught myself and had to laugh because you always hear about mothers leaving their babies with the father the first time and they brief them like they are the babysitter.  It's hard not to do it though because in reality we are all single mothers.  The father's participate with the simple things such as holding, making a bottle, feeding, and occasionally changing a wet diaper.  In actuality all these things are helpful, but where are they when the baby is screaming at 2am or you are trying to clean the house and finish your homework for your online college classes?  They are in theory a babysitter who just has unconditional love for the child.

Anyways, I felt horrible because Mikey is a GREAT father and has been very helpful even though I get attitude sometimes.  I felt bad because I knew that he would do a good job and that I can't do that to him.  If he has or had a question he would come ask.  He does a great job with Maggie and that is all that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment