Welcome to Life, Love, and Beauty

Hello Everyone!!

My name is Ashley, I am a brand new mom to a beautiful baby girl named Maggie Rose. She was born with Gastroschisis and spent about the first 2 1/2 months of her life in the hospital. I had originally started this blog for a place where other parents of Gastroschisis babies could come and get answers and support, but after awhile it just turned into a story, thoughts, fears, and happy times that I chose to share with friends, family, and future followers. Now it is a blog that any women, any girl, or any mother can relate to and who can understand.

Monday, February 21, 2011

An after thought...

Last night, I was thinking about what I had said about the self-esteem book.  I totally think that it is normal that any person who just had a baby has every right to second guess herself.  I think that my "reality" is who I used to be.  Not that I just all of a sudden got disgusting, I am just trying to figure out how or who this new person is that I have become.  I feel like I have had to make a one eighty in my life in just a short period of time, and that I became a totally different person when Maggie was born.  The more I think about it, who hasn't people!  You become a mother, you becomes the person who has baby goop on your favorite top or takes a nap instead of a shower.  I am sure that way down under all of my layers you could find me in there some where, but for right now, I am going to let myself adjust to who I am now.  I know that I am still that girl that I want to be from my "reality".   I just need to learn how I can incorporate her into my new life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment