Welcome to Life, Love, and Beauty

Hello Everyone!!

My name is Ashley, I am a brand new mom to a beautiful baby girl named Maggie Rose. She was born with Gastroschisis and spent about the first 2 1/2 months of her life in the hospital. I had originally started this blog for a place where other parents of Gastroschisis babies could come and get answers and support, but after awhile it just turned into a story, thoughts, fears, and happy times that I chose to share with friends, family, and future followers. Now it is a blog that any women, any girl, or any mother can relate to and who can understand.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Our escapes from reality,..


Philip K. Dick said that “reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away.”  When I started this post I thought to myself, who does not realize what reality is?  I could assume that the realty of Maggie getting sick is because I am a bad person in some ways, but then again the reality of that could be that I was that way because for most of my life I was deceived, taken advantage of, and disliked by most of my peers.  The reality of Philip K. Dick’s quote is that instead of giving something meaningful to us, he is just giving us another vocabulary lesson. 
In reality our realities could just be theories right.  I mean how do we know that the true color of this font isn’t pink or white, but to our reality it’s blue? 
My reality is that I am a mom, a college student, a lover, and according to my fiancé a little crazy at most times. In MY reality I am a mom, college student, lover, and I guess crazy at times, but I also see myself as this natural beauty who doesn’t think she is, an easy going person who could roll with the punches at the best of times, smart and creative, but when I look at myself in a mirror all I see is this disaster of a person.   I didn’t loose the sense of who I am, I am just growing into another time in my life because my life has changed.  That my fellow readers and mother is the reality, MY reality.
Now, most people right now are going, where in the hell did she get this from?  Is she on something, but ironically, the reality is, is that I am ok to accept the fact that I may have some issues.  I think that since I have had my baby four months ago that I am this disastrous person. 
Ok, now that I have established that, what are we going to do about it Ashley?   To answer those interesting question I am going to attempt to do a self-esteem book. Wish me luck everyone! 

1 comment: